TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Credit Guide is an important document that is provided by Help Finance Pty Ltd
As a licensee acting as an agent for a credit provider under a credit contract (as defined in the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) Credit Act), we must provide this guide to you.
This document includes information about:
• Some of our obligations under the credit Act; and
• Our internal and external complaints handling procedures and how these are available to you; and
• Our contract details.
Prohibition on doing particular things if the credit contract is ‘unsuitable’.
The Credit Act prohibits us from;
• Entering into a credit contract with you;
• Increasing your credit limit; or
• Making an unconditional representation to you that we consider that:
*You are eligible to enter into such contract with us; or
*The credit limit of such contract will be able to be increased, if the contract is unsuitable for you.
Before making an assessment of the suitability of a credit contract we will make reasonable enquiries about your requirements and objectives in relation to the credit contract and financial situation.
We will then assess whether the credit contract is not “unsuitable” for you if it was entered or the credit limit increased.
A contract is ‘unsuitable’ for you if, at the time it is entered or the limit is increased:
• It is unlikely that you will be unable to comply with your financial obligations under the contract, or could comply with substantial hardship: or
• The contract does not meet your requirements or objectives.
It is presumed that you could only comply with your financial obligations under a contract with substantial hardship if you have to sell your principle place of residence to comply (unless the contrary is proved).
In determining whether the contract will be unsuitable, we will only take into account information that satisfies both of the following requirements:
• The information is about your financial situation, requirements or objectives; and • At the time the contract is entered or the credit limit is increased;
• At the time the contract is entered or the credit limit is increased:
• We had reason to believe that the information was true: or
• We would have had reason to believe that the information was true if we had made reasonable enquires about you.
Requesting a copy of the assessment
If, before entering the credit contract or increasing the credit limit, you request that we give you a copy of the assessment, we must give you a written copy of the assessment before entering the contract or increasing the limit.
If you request a copy of the assessment within 7 years after the day the credit contract is entered into or the credit limit is increased (“credit day”), we must give you written copy of the assessment:
• If the request is made within 2 years of the day of credit day — before the end of 15 business day after the day we receive the request; and
• Otherwise — before the end of 25 business days after the day we receive the request.
We will not charge you a fee for providing a copy of the assessment within these time frames.
Lodging a complaint.
You are entitled to inquire into, compliment us, or complain about, the services you receive from us. We have established procedures to ensure that all inquiries and complaints are properly considered and dealt with. Broadly, if you have an inquiry or compliant you wish to raise with us, you can contact us directly:
You can contact us by:
Writing to us: PO Box 894, Mudgeeraba QLD 4213
Calling : 1300 948 454
Alternatively, in the unlikely event that we cannot resolve a complaint to your satisfaction, we are a member of the Credit and Investment Ombudsman (CIO) whom you may contact with your complaint. FOS provides a free independent industry dispute resolution service. FOS’s contact details are as follows:
Credit and Investments Ombudsman Ltd
PO Box A252 South Sydney NSW 1235
Contact Number:1800 138 422